Information for authors
1. The editorial board accepts for consideration articles with an applied focus in English or Russian, which have not been published before and are not submitted for publication to other journals.
2. The journal publishes scientific and practical, and experimental studies in the following areas:
Modern electronic technologies;
New components for electronic equipment;
Electronic devices: research, development;
Systems of signals transfer and processing;
Microprocessor-based devices and systems;
Semiconductor light engineering;
Functional micro- and nanoelectronics;
Production technology and equipment;
Materials of electronics;
3. All incoming materials undergo double-blind peer-review.
4. If plagiarism or results falsification are found, the article is rejected.
5. The editorial board does not charge a fee for the publication and does not pay royalties.
6. Prerequisite requirement for the acceptance of the article for publication is its compliance with generally accepted standards of structuring scientific publications, i.e., the paper must contain:
problem statement in general, with indication of its connection to important scientific and practical problems;
analysis of the recent achievements and publications dealing with this specific problem, highlighting the part of the problem, the decision of which is the subject of this article;
purpose of the article (problem);
basic material with discussion and interpretation of the results;
findings and suggestions as to the directions for future research in this area.
Moreover, when evaluating the manuscript, the editorial board will be interested in the following aspects:
possibility of practical application;
appropriateness of tables, illustrations and the reference list;
accuracy of terminology;
composition of the manuscript, including the reasonableness of its size.
7. The article should be well-structured. The stated problem, the title and the findings should match each other.
8. When writing an article, one should pay attention to the following:
the title of the manuscript should be specific, informative, and at the same time as short as possible;
the abstract, being quite compact (30 to 60 words) and, at the same time, informative, should match the content of the article and show what has been done in the work;
key words should be selected so as to improve the probability of finding the article through search engines;
description of the results presented in the figures should include the interpretation of this information instead of being a mere duplication of captions or a simple description of the resulted dependences. For example, instead of such uninformative phrases as "Fig. 1 shows an A-B dependence diagram. The figure shows that with an increase in B, the A value decreases monotonically." it is advisable to give an explanation, such as "As seen from Fig. 1, with an increase in B, the A value monotonically decreases, which indicates that ... ";
findings (conclusion) should not repeat the abstract they need to show what has been obtained in the work, state the results of the work briefly and clearly, instead of giving a summary of the article. (The following phrases will be of help to correctly formulate your conclusion: "The study has shown that ...", "The developed technology allows to ...", "The authors have established that ...", etc.).
9. The list of references (see examples) is formed in order of their appearance in the text. It should be remembered that:
including of references to articles and monographs of recent years is compulsory;
it is not recommended to include references to such normative document as decrees, acts, etc. however, if it cant be avoided, it is better to mention them in the text of the article;
it is desirable to avoid references to hard-to-reach publications or short lived Internet sources;
when referring in the text to numeric values, formulas and other factual data taken from the books, it is necessary to specify not only the book, but the page as well (for example, [2, p. 418]);
the number of references should not be unreasonably large: it is sufficient to give only one or two references to confirm a fact.
10. The editorial board does not impose strict requirements to the size of articles as long as it is reasonable. As a rule, articles in "TKEA" take four to seven journal pages, which corresponds to 10-17 pages typed in Microsoft Word, font Times New Roman, size 12, line spacing 1.5.
11. When typing the text, one may use such programs as MathType only in those cases when Word is powerless, e.g., when typing special characters above the letters, radical expressions, limits of integration, summation, etc.
12. Units of all quantities must meet modern requirements, and terminology should comply with the one generally accepted. All used symbols and abbreviations should be explained when first mentioned in the text.
13. For the convenience of typesetting, it is desirable that the amount of illustrations does not exceed 40% of the total volume of the article.
14. At the bottom of the paper, please provide the following information in Ukrainian, English and Russian: title, authors full names and affiliation, annotation and keywords. The translated versions of the annotation should be extended to 200-250 words) and have all of the structural elements of the paper (subject relevance, problem statement, description of the solutions, conclusions and practical significance).
15. The article is sent by e-mail <firstname.lastname@example.org>. The letter should contain authors' names, the title of the article and the corresponding subject area (see paragraph 2). The authors should sign the Copyright Agreement and attach it to the letter along with the file containing information about the author (first and last name, degree, position, affiliation, date of birth, office address with zip code, e-mail, contact phone number).
16. When citing articles published in "TKEA" its title in Roman alphabet should be transliterated "Tekhnologiya i Konstruirovanie v Elektronnoi Apparature".
P.S. The author can check whether all requirements to the article content are fulfilled, using the criteria for reviewing of the manuscripts (see the review form).